Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors to a specific website who leave the site after navigating just one page, on which they landed.
Bounce rate is an important term of SEO and it is the effort of every webmaster to keep the bounce rate very low. High bounce rate / elevated exit rate is not well to maintain the good health of blog.
When we move towards Google analytics, we learn that when a visitor lands on the home page of your site or on a particular web page, and then leaves your site from the same page, this is the bounce of visitor. The time when a visitor entered into the site and the time when he exit, all this time is the bounce rate of site.
What is Bounce Rate in Google Analytics?
“bounce rate is the percentage of single-page sessions.”
Elucidation of Bounce Rate with Example
Reasons of High Bounce Rate
- Uploading time is site is too much. Website is taking long time to open. According to Kissmetrics, 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in just 2 seconds. So improve the uploading time of site.
- Very poor design of site. Design is the first impression which makes the mind of visitor either to further navigate the site or leave the site. A Friendly Design of Website is helpful to reduce the bounce rate.
- Visitor found unexpected content. They didn’t get the content for which they come on your site. They come to find “how to increase blog traffic using Pinterest” but they didn’t find this. They found “how to increase blog traffic using twitter”. So they will leave your site.
- They found irrelevant content from what they see in search engine. Search engine shows the post title in returning results. You published an article on “What to do if content of your website is copied by another blog?” But in content, you mentioned what is plagiarism? Is Google love it or it is a sheer violation of Google? What are plagiarism tools? Although you mentioned all the material about plagiarism in your post but not mentioned about “what to do if content of your website is copied by another blog”. While your post title was this but you didn’t mentioned about it in whole of the post. This is irrelevant content, in which the content of post is totally different from the title of post. When visitor will see this, why he will remain on your site? He will leave it.
- Your blog post is full with grammatical mistakes and spellings.
- Generated low quality content.
- Website is fully cluttered with ads.
- You made your landing page hard to read.
- There is no navigation tool to navigate the site easily like search box.
- Today when Google announced that mobile friendly site is a ranking factor which increases the visibility of site in search engine. If your site is not mobile friendly, it will increase the bounce rate of your site.